The performing artist tested positive for Covid after the completion of this year's Strictly launch show filming.
Strictly Come Dancing organisers have confirmed the rumours... one among this year’s professional dancers has tested positive for Covid-19.
Only recently, as recent as this Tuesday evening, The Sun claimed that the new series was “in chaos” due to the positive test result which occurred the day after filming this year’s pre-recorded launch show.
Whilst the name of the dancer was withheld, the tabloid claimed that the 'infected' dancer had been in close proximity to this year’s 15 celebrity contestants.
However, as a plus during this poor news, the celebrity partner of the positive dancer returned a negative test for Covid, and should now has the possibility of continuing their involvement..albeit with a new partner, his or her first week of live shows, which begin airing on Saturday 25 September.
A spokesperson from the BBC told Metro: “A dancer has tested positive for Covid-19, however this didn’t affect the recording of the launch show which airs this Saturday.
“We are following government guidelines to make sure the security of all on the show.”
This, of course, is the not the first time a situation like this has occurred. Last year Nicola Adams and Katya Jones were forced to bow out of the show before it's conclusion when Jones contracted Covid mid-series.
However, London Metro News understands that ending the series early may not be necessary if a celeb tests positive in 2021.
The show's executive producer Sarah James told the web outlet: “If a star does receive a positive test, it doesn’t necessarily mean they're out of the competition. it would mean they might miss every week and still get enough training in to return [after 10 days of self-isolating].”
The launch, which has already concluded filming, has already established who the partners of the 15 stars will be.
In other news, two regulars won't be back..however, this is not necessarily terrible news, with Anton Du Beke taking up judging duties in Bruno Tonioli’s absence, and Janette Manrara becoming a host on spin-off show It Takes Two.
You can view the new 'Strictly' series on Saturday 18 September on BBC One, and live shows commencing the following weekend.
Post a Comment